Sunday, February 23, 2014

What's in my headphones?

Some people run with no music at all. I am always amazed at this. I listen to music all the time. I listen to music while I'm in the shower and when I'm cleaning the house and most definitely when I am running. I have created a few playlists of music that get me a little pumped up. They're just ok. I also listen to Pandora radio. I find it convenient. I don't have to put too much thought into what music comes up. My son listened to a station on my Pandora called "Rack City Music" and I found that this station was upbeat and great for running. I started using it as my go-to station. I did have a problem with the lyrics though. I am most certainly not a prude, but I think I spent half of my runs blushing at the lyrics to some of the music. I have tried to listen to gospel or Christian music during my runs. I thought that it would be uplifting to run to. I tried Fred Hammond radio, Tye Tribbett radio, Marvin Sapp radio and James Fortune radio. While there are occasional upbeat songs, there are a lot more slooooow songs. I decided that I would like to run to an upbeat gospel playlist. I created a playlist on Spotify that now consists of about 25 songs. My goal is to create a playlist of 40 songs to use during the Rite Aid Cleveland half marathon. I am open to any and all suggestions at this point. If you have Spotify, you can listen to my playlist called Gospel Run. If you have ideas of songs to add, let me know. I would love the input! 

No comments:

Post a Comment