Sunday, March 2, 2014

My noodle-y arms

On Tuesday, I did yoga with the women's group at the clinic where I work. It was a great end to a good workout day. I had started my day with a 3 mile run as a part of my half training plan. I was already feeling victorious and this 2nd workout would just catapult me to the status of workout queen for the day *in my mind, of course*. I liked the class and the instructor. It was a beginner level class. I was able to keep up and this excited me. The only problem I had was my noodle-y arms. They were aching for 2 days after yoga. It was not a bad, twist a muscle kind of ache. It was a woo, what are you doing to these unused muscles kind of hurt. When I was talking to my co-worker about this, she responded that she didn't think that I worked out my arms. Of course I workout my arms!!! But not as much as my legs. So, what can I do to change that? What new challenge can I participate in? I have decided to do 1,240 pushups in March. That is 40 pushups a day for a month. I am challenging myself to do full body pushups. They don't have to be all at one time, but I need to do 40 a day. I gave birth to two human beings. I think I can do a couple pushups throughout the day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment