Monday, March 3, 2014

Week one of training:Done

I
I did a DietBet challenge for the month of February with a goal of losing 4% of my body weight. That 4% equated to 6 pounds for me. My starting weight was 149.2. I decided that I should alter my diet to see some changes. I cut out all meats except for seafood and I cut back on sugar substantially. I did not eat cookies, candies, cakes, or add sugar to food or drinks (tea or shakes/smoothies). I did use honey in lots of things and agave in my yams. I have been hitting the gym pretty regularly and I walk 1.5 miles in the cold daily to get to my car from my job. I also started my 12 week half marathon training plan during the last week of February. I ran 3 miles on Sunday, 3 miles on Tuesday, 3 miles on Wednesday, and 4 miles on Sunday. My goal is to run the half in about 2 hours and 36 minutes. I ran on the treadmill at about my goal pace. I ran on 5.3 which is about 11:17 per mile. I did an hour and a half of yoga on the last Tuesday of the month. Throughout the month, I made it to the gym early in the morning once a week. I made it to the gym at about 5:45 am 3 days during the last week of February. This was a major accomplishment for me. I have a wonderful love affair with my bed, but I got up and out early. I checked my weight on Friday and it registered 143.6. I needed to be at 143.2 to win. Essentially, I lost. But…I feel great. I lost 5.6 pounds and I made a lot of healthier decisions. I plan to continue limiting my sugar intake and I may have a burger sometime in the distant future. Ohhhh a burger *drools*…

2 comments:

  1. Good luck in your training. I am also running the half this year. I live in Michigan and like Ohio its been a rough winter for running. I have ran Cleveland for the last eleven years and I really liked the old course I'm hoping the new course is flat. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I think the new course will allow you to see more of Cleveland!

      Delete