Friday, June 13, 2014

My most favorite smoothie yet...


I am always trying new and different blends of things to make smoothies. Some are fruity some are not. Some are yumtastic and some are truly fails. Today I decided to try some things we had at home in a smoothie.
   
                           

I put the banana, rice milk, peanut butter and a drizzle of coconut oil in the Ninja. Initially, I did not use oatmeal, but the smoothie seemed a little thin. The oatmeal thickened it up and gave it a little more texture.I should probably admit that I am a fan of chunky milkshakes/smoothies. I loooved the texture of this one and it was also delicious and filling.

I have made fruity smoothies that I have found to be terrific but this one was great for what I was craving today. It was thick and not too sweet and pretty nutty and wonderful. Try it if you, too, are a fan of the chunky smoothies. Chunky and smoothie? I guess that doesn't really match but that's OK. You'll love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment