Monday, May 13, 2013

New Shoes...

The Brooks Ravenna 4. See that spicy yellow strip?
During my last race it hit me that I needed to replace my running shoes. I had been experiencing aches and numbness. I ignored it and kept running. During the last race I ran, I actually had to stop to wriggle my toes because they were so numb. I decided then and there to get new shoes. My last 3 pair of running shoes have been the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 10, 11 and 12. I love Brooks and I have had nothing but success with their shoes. I did some research to find similar shoes and came up with the Brooks Ravenna 4. I noticed that last year's model was the 3 and I figured I could find a pair of last year's model and pay less money for the shoe. I  had no success in locating a pair in my area to purchase. A wave of sadness washed over me. I wanted to buy inexpensive running shoes!!! My sadness was quickly replaced with giddyness as I now had to make a trip to a store to........SHOP. Something I love to do. I have probably visited every running shop in the area and can honestly say that I have had great experiences at all of them. I will say that I have a special fondness for Achilles Running Shop in Mentor, Ohio . They are located near our home in Lake County. I have purchased shoes there before and my son was fitted for his track spikes there. The staff are patient and knowledgeable and did I say patient???? They advertise that they are "the regions only physician owned running and walking specialty store". They seem to take that responsibility seriously. The staff wants to ensure that your feet are well taken care of. Last time I was there, a gentleman named Cody helped me to make a decision about my new shoes. He explained the difference between the Adrenaline and the Ravenna. He also encouraged me to try the new shoe, but only after I explained what I was looking for.  I also purchased new fluorescent orange Feetures socks and Honey Stinger Pink Lemonade Organic Energy Chews. You probably already know that I love running socks. So no new updates on the sock front. These snacks are dangerous because they score incredibly high in the tasty snack department. I gobbled them down very quickly! They did fuel a 4 mile run though... If you see me running anytime soon, you can catch me in my new Brooks Ravenna 4. They are a little spicier than my Adrenaline. They have a splash of color on them. This turtle runner is getting F-A-N-C-Y!!!
Your feet will thank you...and love you
Amazing little energy chew

2 comments:

  1. Running shoes are probally the most important thing for a runner. All my injuries have been due to my shoes. What I mean is that I have done and made so many mistakes. I run in the same shoe for to long. ( 500 miles at the most, butt, some times I'll make it 700. Because of this I have experienced knee problems, hip problems and many others. So yes, shoes are very important to all runners. I run in asics gt-2100. Also, I was told to run with insoles which has really helped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was told to try insoles as well. I have not been quite as compliant as I should have been. They make my shoes tighter. I am looking for a comfy pair that doesn't do this…

      Delete