Sunday, March 9, 2014

Week two of training: Nonexistent

My co-workers have been sick at work for about the last month. I was relieved that despite their sniffles and snorts and coughs, I had remained well. All of that changed on Monday. I got home from work and errands and went straight to bed. I assumed that I would be better the next day but I felt increasingly worse. I was going to bed at about 7pm daily. I did not run 1 mile this week at all. I thought that I was starting to feel better towards the end of the week but I worked at my part time job on Thursday and then again on Saturday and the littlest Joe was in a play at her school on Friday and Saturday night. My lack of rest did not help me at all. Additionally, I hate a hamburger this week. It was soooo good but my stomach said to me "ummm what are you doing?" and I proceeded to bloat a  bit. I was able to get some of my push-ups in. This was an exciting success. Another success was my fitness gear haul. I ran to Wal-Mart to buy a new vacuum cleaner late Friday night. I am not a big Wal-Mart fan. I have an ongoing love affair with all things Target. Luckily, it was too late to visit my fave. I ran into Wal-Mart and grabbed my vacuum.  On my way out, I saw long sleeve running shirts on clearance for $5. I also got a pair of running tights for $12 and a running shirt with a zipper from the boys department for $3.  I am resting today and looking forward to a healthy week of training next week. Hope every one else's training is going well!

My $3 find!

No comments:

Post a Comment