Monday, September 6, 2021

So...now I'm fat

 Oh hey...2 years later and I'm back. 

The update from my last post is that I did a great job with that 1 mile a day and then it tapered off after like 6 months.  That was 2019...

I was working an overnight shift. 

I was eating all night.

My doctor called me obese.

Since that time, I enrolled in Grad School and acquired a second Masters degree. I switched jobs and I am now a social worker on an oncology floor. I work a regular 9-5 (or 8-4). I also started providing therapy through an online company. And I gained weight. I weigh about 25 pounds more than I did on the day that I gave birth to my youngest child 20 years ago. I am 5' 4" and I weigh 174.2 pounds today and I don't like that at all. My blood pressure is stable now. I take two different medications. My cholesterol is stable without meds and has been for about 20 years. This weight is kicking my ass. I have a treadmill in my house that I use sporadically. I have decided today that I have no time or space to half do this so I decided to document this journey on my fizzled out blog page to hold myself accountable. This is me today after my workout and then me fully clothed. I completed 3 miles today. Jogged the first mile on 4.6. Jogged continuously for 10 minutes and took about a minute to attend to The Dog  and then was back to it. The 2nd mile was intervals of walking for .15 on 3 and running for .10 on 7. The 3rd mile was a slow walk on 2.6. (I have to set it to a speed of 1 to keep it from flashing so I can take the picture). I have not eaten yet because I do intermittent fasting and break my fast at noon but I will be eating barbeque at my Dad's today. I have already had 32 ounces of water while on  the treadmill!! My goal weight is 145. I'll be back realllll soon!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment