Tuesday, December 25, 2012

More of my favorite things...

I run with a CamelBak. No matter what...I wear my CamelBak. Mine is a "women's specific pack" called the Annadel. When I first started running, I did a lot of research to find a way to stay hydrated during my short 2 -3 mile runs. I was pretty good about drinking enough water throughout the day and prior to a run. I was able to make it through the shorter number of miles. When I started training for my first half marathon, my mileage increased. On my first five mile run, I felt like my stomach was eating itself. I felt so sick that I consulted the trusty interwebs to see what the problem could possibly be.After reading a couple different articles, I discovered that I was most likely dehyrdated. I quickly changed my search from what is wrong to what can I do to fix it. There were all kinds of water bottles and belts with bottles available to me. I did not fancy the idea of carrying anything in my hands. I happened upon the CamelBak and felt that it would be the perfect solution. I ordered it and it arrived very quickly. The first time I ran with it, I was supposed to run 4 miles but felt so great that I extended the run to 6 miles. I was well hydrated the entire run. I love my CamelBak. It is lightweight and functional. I have talked to others who are not fans of running with the CamelBak. The have complained that the fit is cumbersome. I love mine. I love that I never have to stop at a water station during a race. I am a "slow and steady wins the race" type girl. I run slowly but I can run for prolonged periods of time. When I stop running, though, it is difficult to start back up. Stopping at a water station could curtail any race for me. The CamelBak may possibly be responsible for success in some of my long runs...

No comments:

Post a Comment