Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year's Resolutions

I am not really a New Year's Resolution type girl. I generally set goals around my birthday as it is a meaningful time for me. As 2013 approached, I repeatedly thought of changes I wanted to make in the New Year and things I wanted to add to my life. I decided to actually write them down and share them.  Last year was a significant year of physical changes for me.  I ran a half marathon and found myself to be much stronger than I thought I was. I also shed some pounds that have been hanging around for the better part of my 30's. This year I plan to add a lot of muscle to my newly lean frame. I am very excited about the idea of being a muscley-fit chick. I WILL achieve that this year. I plan to continue lifting and running and I want to add yoga for flexibility. I will also be starting an indoor running group at the gym where I workout for people like myself who cannot brave the snow. Personally, I plan to spend more time with my friends and loved ones. I am a homebody. It is comfortable for me to hang out at home with The Joes. This year, I plan to spend more time away from home loving, laughing and enjoying my relationships. I took a little time off from grad school in 2012. I plan to get back on that horse in 2013. I also plan to learn to crochet/knit. I have not decided which one yet. I plan to learn which ever one is easier. Additionally, I will take another much needed super awesome vacation with the Joes.  There are a few other changes I am praying for in the New Year. I will reveal them as they happen... Have you set any goals for the New Year? Are you planning to reclaim your sexy in 2013?

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read about how this and your Cleveland Marathon training go for you! I taught myself how to knit watching youtube videos. Here's a good one to start with : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9hv44QwQ-A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks so much for the link! My 11 year old daughter wants to take classes with me. I found that Joann Fabric has some beginner classes so we are going to to do those together and then will fall back on the YouTube videos for extra help. Love your blog!

      Delete