Saturday, September 28, 2013

Save your dough...


The hair-pre cut
The hair-post cut

I made a decision at the end of spring to cut my hair. It wasn't a tough decision. Hair grows and if I wanted long hair again, I could just grow it. I cut it into a little bob and I love the cut!! I did not consider that I may not like to wear my hair curly. After a couple of times of wearing my mini afro, I decided that I preferred my hair straightened. I have been natural (no chemicals in my hair at all) for about 6 years so keeping my hair straight is a feat. Especially in the summer and with working out. I saw an advertisement for the "Save Your Do" wrap by Nicole Ari Parker and was curious. They claimed that the wrap would "wick away moisture from your hair, allow heat to escape, and when properly applied keep hair pressed down during a workout". I figured I could at least give it a try. The reviews that I read were all glowing. I was excited and dropped 29.95 plus tax to get my hands on this wrap for my hair.  My first use was on a bike ride. I choose a bike ride because I sweat less riding the bike than I do running. I went on a 6 mile/30 minute bike ride. When I returned home, my hair was drenched.  Hair style could not be salvaged. Had to do a wash-n-go. Check it out down below. I am definetly NOT a fan. Obviously, you can try this for yourself. In my opinion, it is not worth the money. You can save your dough and not buy the "Save Your Do"!!


After the "Save Your Do" bike ride
YIKES!
 

2 comments: