Saturday, November 24, 2012

My Favorite Things...

I made a decision about 4 1/2 years ago to stop putting chemicals in my hair. It was not a major decision. I never had a relaxer as a child. I didn't get my first one until I was 18 and able to pay for it myself. My mother did not allow me to relax my hair. She always said "You don't need one". I was a stubborn child though, and that was not enough to deter me. I jumped on the first opportunity that presented itself for me to chemically straighten my hair. My mothers message was lost on me. She presented it the wrong way. Five years ago, when my daughter turned 6, I decided to teach her the lesson my mother tried to teach me. I decided to do it differently. I wanted to teach my daughter that she is beautiful the way God made her. I wanted her to appreciate the hair she was born with. I could not tell her that her hair was beautiful while all the while chemically altering mine. I decided that I was done with chemicals. Four years later, my hair is healthy and strong and I love it. I have experimented with what feels like a million products over the years. I have happened upon some that have become favorites. I love Yes to Carrots products!! My daughter has a flaky scalp and I sweat a lot in my hair from exercising. I wanted to find a shampoo and conditioner that were not full of chemicals to address these issues. I recently happened upon Yes To Carrots Scalp Relief. While I am not a die hard natural product junkie, I do appreciate the fact that their products are 99% natural. These conditioners are not thick enough alone so I mix them. I am a big fan of Herbal Essence products. I mixed Yes to Carrots with Herbal Essence's Honey I'm Strong. This mix makes our hair easy to detangle and leaves our hair soft and manageable. Despite having found these products that I love, I am on a never ending quest for the perfect hair products and I am always open to suggestions. I'm a hair product junkie!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment