Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Numbers don't lie!!

It is a particularly bad idea to measure our successes by comparing ourselves to others. A great way to measure success is to compare who we are today to who we were yesterday. The goal is to be ever-changing and growing. Without growth, we experience stagnation. Sometimes, it is difficult to see the changes we are making because they are subtle. I have recently been frustrated looking at the running times of other runners and comparing them to my own. That has not been working to my advantage. The other day, after my run, I was inspired to look at my times from last year. I was beyond excited! Last April, I was running 12 minute miles! I ran 3 miles on Sunday at a pace of 10'05"! Check out my before and after from NikePlus. Since I have incorporated weights and have been more committed, I have seen my times decrease. My goal is to be able to sustain these new paces for longer distances. I will be running the RiteAid Cleveland Marathon 10K in May. I am hopeful that I will be able to maintain this pace for the entire race. I have about 3 more months to accomplish this. I am positive that this can be done!!!  Last week I logged 16 miles and tried a couple of new healthy recipes. A portion of the 16 miles was done outside. The weather has been almost balmy. Well...balmy for Cleveland. The snow has melted and I have taken to the streets. Yay!! I went to Foodie Fridays at Whole Foods last Friday night and tasted some very yummy vegetarian greens (among other things). I tried the recipe. It was super easy and delicious. They were a great side with baked Tilapia. The Joes were not huge fans. They both thought they were too spicy. Next time I will have to cut the red pepper flakes in half!!! I would definately call this week a success!!!




2 comments:

  1. i really enjoy your blog. The marathon will be here soon. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to March. Some reason February seems sooo long..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thanks so much! I am looking forward to March as well. I am hoping for warmer weather and clear streets!

      Delete