Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Freakin' Valentines Day!!!!

Today was a super busy, super successful day for me. No...I did not have a date but I sure had a lot to do. I woke up today with a plan to run this morning and spend a leisurely day in the house hanging out with Honey, our dog. When I saw on Facebook that one of my favorite chicas (Coco) was having a bad day, I decided that my plans could and should change.She and I have been friends since freshman year in college. So about 20 years!!! *It just hit me...those people who were freshmen in 1993 are getting old* Anywho, I went down to her job and hung out for a couple of hours. She is a Food and Beverage Supervisor at a local hotel so she treated me to lunch and cookies. I so wish I could resist the cookies. *salivates thinking about them* We ate lunch and talked and laughed and had a great time. After I left her I ran a couple of errands and then headed to the gym. I knew that I had to be at work in the ER at 7pm so I decided that I would do a 30 minute leg workout with no warmup run. I hit the leg press and started out with 400lbs. I did 10 sets of 10. I did my usual circuit, all the while watching the assisted bar rack for availability. I have been squatting 70 pounds on the assisted bar rack for a couple of months now and feel quite comfortable with it. The rack never became available. I walked back and sat down to wait. There was a gentleman squatting what I thought was 75 pounds on the non-assisted squat rack.He asked was I waiting and I replied yes. He informed me he would do one more set and it was all mine. I asked the guy on the assisted rack was he going to be done soon and he said no. I was a little intimidated to use the non-assisted rack. I was tempted to call my son, J1 and ask what weight he suggested I try but decided I would just figure it out. When the guy finished, he asked me did I need him to take the weights off for me. I was so offended!!! Why would I need him to take off a 25 pound plate for me? Do I look like I can't handle that? Right then, I decided I would squat what he was squatting. I did 4 sets of 10 and walked out feeling quite accomplished. I usually do 70 on the assisted rack and I managed what I thought was 75 on the non-assisted rack. When I got home, I was eager to brag to my son about what I had done. I told him the story and how offended I was that the dude wanted to remove the 25 pound plates for me. J1 then informed me that this bar weighs 45 pounds, not 25!!! So I was really squatting 95 pounds! I am so pumped!!!! 95 pounds!!!! Happy Freakin' Valentine's Day to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment