Saturday, March 30, 2013

30 minute workout

I have been using the GymPact app for about 83 workouts. It has motivated me to not skip Trips to the gym. They have recently added the option to workout at home. Your phone senses your movement. I wear my phone in an armband and get moving. You are required to move for at least 30 minutes within a one and a half hour time frame. I have been using this option on my elliptical at home. Last night I decided to try something new. I tried very hard to drag myself to the gym but that didn't happen at all. At about 10:45, I decided to just workout at home, but what to do??? I decided to make it up along the way. I ended up really liking the workout. I need to work on the order of things. Here is what I did: 3 sets of 20 push-ups (I can only do 20 at a time), 3 sets of 20 full sit-ups, 60 squats, 60 walking lunges, 60 jump squats, 60 jumping jacks, 60 high knees, 60 butt kicks and 60 seconds of running in place between each workout. This worked out nicely as a cool down between each set but also kept my heart rate elevated. I will be working on perfecting this workout over the next few weeks because I was pleasantly surprised at how great I felt afterwards and I feel that it would be beneficial to incorporate it into my workout.

2 comments:

  1. You really bring it, I wish I had that much energy. Keep up the good work. This summer I'm planning on adding your workout to my training.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! The energy things is a work in progress...I don't always feel like moving.

      Delete