Sunday, March 24, 2013

Early Morning Workouts

This week has been very interesting. I decided that in order to fit my workouts into my new schedule, I would need to get up at 5am a couple of days during the week and head to the gym. My goal every week is to work out 5 days out of seven. 3 of those days are Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I needed to fit 2 early morning workouts in this week to reach my goal. I didn't make it to bed until late on Sunday night, so an early morning Monday workout was out. On Monday night I made it to bed by 9:30 and planned for a 5am start. I woke up at 3am. Ughhhh! I could not go back to sleep and toyed with the idea of rolling over and skipping this workout. I decided to go for it! I made it to the gym at 5:45 and ran 3.5 miles. I was super sluggish all day and realized I may need a later bed time. I thought I would have a difficult time staying up on Tuesday night but I had a burst of energy and was able to get some cleaning done and stay up until 10:30. I made it to the gym at about 5:30 and worked on legs for 40 minutes. This day was great. I was energized all day! My goal next week is to hit the gym for 3 early morning workouts. I think it's doable as long as I get enough sleep and don't push myself too hard in the morning. I am not yet sure if I am a fan of the 5am workout. I will definitely keep you guys informed!

See that time there at the top???????

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried working out every other day? ( mon, tues, friday and Saturday ) This is a four times a week workout schedule. You may have better results and might feel stronger.......... This is what I do.. I just wanted to pass this on to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to workout around my kiddies schedules so I don't really have set days during the week. They are always coming up with something (concert, game, meeting) that they forgot to tell me about so I have to be extremely flexible or get it in while they are sleeping (late night or early morning) Sounds like a good plan though!!

      Delete