Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Happy Bloggerversary!!!

My actual handwriting...


Today is my bloggerversary and I had planned to write about my half marathon experience in Chicago. Instead, I will say that I am honored to have you as readers. Thanks so much for your kind words on Facebook, your re-tweets on Twitter, your comments on the blog and your sincere thoughts when face to face.  

 I signed up to run the Women’s Half Marathon in Chicago on June 23rd. I was actually very excited about it. My friend was going to run it with me. We have both been running for years, but have not run together in quite some time.  She told me that she was going to register but I have not heard from her since she said this. Despite being stood up, I was still determined to run it alone. I even took time off of work for a recovery day after the race. At the last minute an opportunity to go to Puerto Rico arose and I had to choose between going to Chicago to run 13.1 miles or going to Puerto Rico to soak up sun, sand and warmth. (I don’t want to take too many trips without The Joes.) I chose the later. I have never been to Puerto Rico and I am very excited. We are staying on Vieques. I am also very excited to hang with a long time friend. I have been religiously perusing all sites related to our trip and I have narrowed my choices for activities down to horseback riding on the beach, bike tours of the island, and a kayaking tour of the Bioluminescent Bay. If you have other suggestions feel free to share!  I also plan to eat lots of good food. I am not a modest eater either. I plan to demolish some seafood while I am there. 
I will see the Ocean again soon...


No comments:

Post a Comment