Monday, July 2, 2012

My horrible, terrible, no good, very bad run...

Thursday night at about 9:30 I decided to peel myself off of my couch and go for a long exhilarating run. The temperature during the day was hanging out in the 90's and had dropped to a balmy 85. I had eaten a light dinner (1 piece of pizza) and felt like I was ready. I donned my Camelbak, Nike plus gear, and my music. The run started off nice enough. For the first quarter of a mile I felt like a champ. I thought "You go, RAB!" Then lethargy slapped me around. I thought "You go home, RAB!" I couldn't stop though because I would feel extreme shame if I registered a run that was less than one mile. So...I pushed on. I was greatly anticipating that 1 mile to register on my watch. When I hit my street I was at 1.5 miles. I thought "I can at least do 2 miles..." It was at this point that I smelled our friendly neighborhood skunk. I feel pretty confident that my mace will take care of all animals except skunks and I fear them and their stinkiness. I decided to walk (I feel running may startle them) down the middle of the street at a cautious pace. *insert failure buzzer here* Fret not...I made it home un-skunked and greatly defeated. Of course there is always tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment